Molly the Owl plush




So anyone who follows me on twitter will tell you that as of late, I'm obsessed with Molly the owl and the live webcam of her and her baby owls. On Saturday I couldn't stand it anymore, I had to make a plush of Molly. Above you can see the start of my idea and the construction process. The bottom pic is of the head so far. I have tons to do yet and it'll look completely different when I'm finished but I'm excited. I'll probably have to make a bunch of little owlets when I'm done. I've hesitated making an owl plush because there are so many people making just fantastic owl plush sculptures already, but like I've said, I couldn't stand not making one anymore. Molly's just too awesome not to be a plush. heh heh.

9 comments:

  1. How neat to see the pattern construction- I'm pretty hopeless at softies in 3 dimensions :)
    Can't wait to see when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your paper sculpture is fantastic!! Can't wait to see the final... and need to check out Molly, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been watching Molly as well. I think it's great to see her raise her babies. My boys have tuned in a fair bit as well...very educational and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks wonderful so far and I can't wait to see her finished. Did you get a chance to see mine yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Your Molly plush will be just as fantastic as those other owls out there. Can't wait to see her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is looking wonderful. I can't wait to see the finished owl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ever since you first posted about Molly, I can't stop watching!! I even saw Wesley hatch the other day!!
    I just wanted to tell you that I really love your work (I've been admiring from afar for a while). Your new embroidery patterns are awesome and I can't wait to see the finished alphabet quilt! The new Molly plush looks awesome too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. have you got an update on your molly plush?
    i was just sketching from molly footage, and saw yours - love your blog esp hving starred in it once ! :-)

    cat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i finished a molly owl - it is on my blog xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...