Our 5th Anniversary





Saturday was my husband and my 5th wedding anniversary, and it was such a great day! We went over to Lake of the Isles/Lake Calhoun in Minneapolis and went canoing. It was so fun (except for that today I have a pretty soar neck and shoulder from all that rowing). Then we went and sat and watercolor painted which we haven't done in probably over a year. My husband's are the first two paintings and mine are the second two. I think it's so interesting how different our compositions, painting styles, and color choices are, even though we were in the same place and using all the same paints and brushes. I love his second one with the pink bridge and the little bit of purple in the water. I would have never thought to do that. It was so relaxing just to sit there and paint. The whole day felt like we were on a much needed vacation.

4 comments:

  1. Very impressive...both of you!
    (sounds like a wonderful happy 5th)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to spend the day - Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it has been 5 years already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your paintings (and your husband's) are beautiful. What a romantic way to celebrate a significant anniversary, making art together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...