The spoils of my tile making class







So here are the results of my tile making class. I have to say upfront that I had a lot of trouble with glazing. Nothing really went my way as far as that goes. But I'm still happy with how the class went. I have molds for all the tiles so I'm thinking I'd like to give my glazing another go in the future. The first image shows all my pieces from the class. I had extra clay so I made those kitties and all the little pendants. The first tile is of utensil ends that I thought were cute. It lost a lot of the detail in glazing, I'll show you the mold later, I like the mold all on it's own. The second tile is a little whale swimming in an ocean. The third tile is the Aesop fable "The Crow and the Pitcher" and the last tile is the Aesop fable "The Fox and the Grapes."

3 comments:

  1. Lovely to see what you've made, I really like the cats, they are my favourites.
    Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the cats are splendid, but all your work is really appealling - I SO like the tiles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the whale and the crow tiles - I thought the cats would be big but they are little and cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...